MSIX concepts in MSIX Hero
- Creating VHD for MSIX app attach
How to create VHD files suitable for attaching applications for VDI purposes using the MSIX app attach concept.
- Signing MSIX packages
Introduction to the concept of package signing and a detailed guide, showing how to interactively sign any .msix package with a digital certificate.
- Signing MSIX packages with Device Guard
This article shows how to use Device Guard signing service to sign any MSIX package.
- Viewing virtual registry keys from an MSIX app
The article shows two different ways of accessing the registry information, virtualized by the package. It also shows how to run tools and utilities inside the package context.
- Publishing to winget and editing YAML files (external from marcinotorowski.com)
This external article is a comprehensive, step-by-step explanation of winget publishing, using MSIX Hero as the editing tool.
- Update packages installed via appinstaller file
This article shows how to check for available optional/required updates for any package installer via .appinstaller file, and how to force the update regardless of the update settings.
- Creating certificate for MSIX signing
This article shows how to create a certificate for package signing and how to import it to the trusted store, to make the installation of self-signed packages possible for demo and tests.
Automation with MSIX Hero
- Command Line Interface (CLI) Reference
Detailed reference and samples of automating various MSIX-related jobs via the command line version of MSIX Hero.
- Preview packages and manifests with MSIX Hero
MSIX Hero can be used as a lightweight previewer of the MSIX/APPX or APPX manifests, for example for a quick peek of the content and associated fix-ups.
- Data shaping (or how to sort, search and filter)
The package list offers a few hidden tricks for searching and filtering. This article outlines several of them.
- License and third-party-content
License terms and the list of third-party libraries and redistributables which MSIX Hero contains.